Recent Movie Comments

• Greatest. Capcom. Character. Ever.   2 years 37 weeks ago

Judge Dredd would be better. Just sayin'.

• Game of Thrones   2 years 37 weeks ago

Quote:

Book Three was harrowing -- started fourth book now, can't wait to finish.

I got Dance with Dragons signed by Martin and finished it a while back, his most recent book of the series. I thought I had a good idea what was coming, but now. . . But.  Now. I'm pretty conversant with the genre, and I have NO IDEA what is going to happen. But I'm stumped in a good way, this has yet to become an endless, irresolvable plot-tangle like Lost or Wheel of Time. You've probably noticed Feast for Crows and Dance have a very different (understated, muted?) tone compared to the first three installments. . . everything is building up to. . . well, winter, I suppose. Everyone is psychologically and physically maimed, healing, and as oblivious as the readers are to what is coming.

Well, everyone but Littlefinger.  Up til the last half of Storm of Swords I had thought he was just a slimy, backstabbing toady, but now . . .  Littlefinger has got to be one of the greatest fictional villains.  I admit I am sort of rooting for him even though he is a homocidal, mendacious little s*** with arrested development.

Quote:

I've been meaning to check this out. However, ever since small times when I got my tongue burned on that hot gypsy's stew known as the Star Wars Expanded Universe, I've been wary of "shared universes" . . . it's hard enough for one writer to keep things coherent and consistent! :S

• Greatest. Capcom. Character. Ever.   2 years 37 weeks ago

It's Ace Attourney...respect the law you hooligan!

• Greatest. Capcom. Character. Ever.   2 years 37 weeks ago

I always had a soft spot in fighting games for characters who could use ridiculous nonsense to fight on equal terms with well trained martial artists and super heroes. Thanks for sharing. :D

• The Robber   2 years 37 weeks ago

I agree. The Town was a lot better than this movie, but I thorughly enjoyed The Robber because it was fast paced. It wasn't the most original or anything but it was quite an adrenalin rush.

• Occupy Wall Street Protester Vents Anti-Semitism   2 years 37 weeks ago

Marbleman wrote:

So is this movement just self-righteous college antics, or does it have some permanent momentum behind it?

Some observations concerning the 'Occupy' protestors:

They claim to be the "99 percenters" but the facts tell a different story. Tax data show that the top 1% pay 37% of all federal income taxes. So to claim that they don't pay their 'fair share' is patently idiotic. Also, the top 50% of income earners pays nearly 98% of all federal taxes. The 'Occupy' crowd (with the exception of the trust fund hippies) should call themselves the 'lower 50%' -- the bottom half of Americans who are carried by the top half.

Though the Occupiers have been compared (in glowing terms) with the Tea Party there are stunning differences:

• No public defecation at Tea Party events.
    • No tents at Tea Party rallies -- they have jobs to get to the next day.
    • Tea Partiers are calling for an end to bailouts -- Occupiers are demanding that they be bailed out.
    • Heroin dealers and petty criminals have a much easier time insinuating themselves into Occupier rallies than Tea Party events. There's a funny Venn Diagram just waiting to be drawn up based on this.
    • No public sex evident at Tea Party rallies.
    • Tea Party people tend to wear a lot of red white and blue. Occupiers.... mostly just red. And Che.
    • Tea Party people represent the people who pay taxes, the Occupiers represent the people who receive payments from the government.

To be frank, the Occupiers represent the losers in society. The people who (despite living in what is probably the most free and open society on Earth) have largely decided to fail. These people only think they're at war with 'rich fat cats' -- in fact, they are at war with the normal distribution, aka 'the bell curve'. They're at the far left of the curve, and they hate this fact. But since fighting the bell curve would be like fighting some primal aspect (gravity, magnetism, Adam Sandler comedies) they've decided that if they kill off the far right end of the spectrum they might move up a standard deviation.

Occupiers represent filthy, disgusting losers -- it is only natural that the Democratic Party should be their champion.

• Occupy Wall Street Protester Vents Anti-Semitism   2 years 38 weeks ago

I Am the Whatever Percent

^One of the clearest statements I've heard so far.

• The Robber   2 years 38 weeks ago

Javen wrote:

It's nothing like The Town, trust me

The Town was interesting because there were more subplots, which I didn't really see in this film. It was more about the one robber and his addiction to robbery, as a sort of addiction to 'being somebody'. The Town is about someone trying to get out of that life, whereas in The Robber, the protagonist wants to maintain the 'life'. The romantic angle gets tedious in most movies, in my opinion. The whole world is in love with criminals, why not some of the women in these films? That would be a change of pace. Bring back Bonnie and Clyde.

• The Robber   2 years 38 weeks ago

It's nothing like The Town, trust me

• The Robber   2 years 38 weeks ago

The Town

• The Robber   2 years 38 weeks ago

There are a lot of movies that are alike. No he didn't leave her the money.

• Game of Thrones   2 years 38 weeks ago

Marbleman wrote:

I can't go into too much detail, but it has to do with offering a trickle of hope that would be cathartic and long overdue. . . then shutting it off, forever. Harrowing is the best word for book three.  If your girlfriend has gotten to book three, you will know by the sackcloth and ashes.

Book Three was harrowing -- started fourth book now, can't wait to finish. What a great series! I'm looking into Martin's 'Wild Cards' series of book next, to see if I like the rest of of his writing. In that series, some meteorite lands on earth and infects everyone with a virus that kills off most of humanity. Those who survive become horribly disfigured (called 'Jokers') while a very, very small few retain their humanity and inherit superhuman abilities (called 'Aces'). Sounds interesting.

• Game of Thrones   2 years 38 weeks ago
  • Obama Approval Hits New Low   2 years 38 weeks ago

Bucky Mclachlan wrote:

He's mostly continuing the same policies as Dubya.

Agreed. Except that Obama tends to kill more of the terrorists to avoid drawing attention to his Justice Department's policy of giving terrorists civilian trials. I think we could have capture Osama bin Laden just as easily as killing him, and pumped him for information. He was a washed up has-been terrorist at the point we caught up with him, but still, I think he would have been more useful alive, than dead. And we could have fed him porkchop sandwiches.

Quote:

Just to clarify I did not vote for him, no regrets there,

I did not vote for him either.

Quote:

I did however buy into the [OBAMA] hype for a short while I will admit....

It took courage to say that Bucky. Go you.

Quote:

and then I stopped caring completely. Still relatively apathetic about politics. I will say this though: libertarianism sounds pretty good right now and I never thought I'd say it. :|

Come to the Dark Side, Bucky. We have cookies! (that's from a t-shirt somewhere)

What's your view of libertarianism? Just how big is the 'L' for you? Are you an open borders Libertarian?

Quote:

Also, hai guize haven't poked my head in here for a while, not even sure if my account is still active but I'll see if I can retrieve my password and perhaps start posting again, albeit with slightly less optimism and flagrantly naive leftist ideas.

I always knew you would come crawling back! (I kid.)

Buck up, MacLaclan -- Obama will be out of office soon, and our long national nightmare will soon be over. I predict money will flood into the market like a dam breaking once Obama is out of office.

• The Robber   2 years 38 weeks ago

Will wrote:

This movie sounds awful familiar....bank robber....romantic relationship that doesn't workout when she discovers what he does....he runs from the authorities...she tells him she loves him still. Does he leave her the stolen money?

[scanning movie database]

Ok, I give. Which movie are you think of?

• Obama Approval Hits New Low   2 years 38 weeks ago

He's mostly continuing the same policies as Dubya.

Just to clarify I did not vote for him, no regrets there, luckily I was moving between states at the time so I was not eligible. I did however buy into the hype for a short while I will admit....and then I stopped caring completely.

• The Robber   2 years 38 weeks ago

• Super Street Fighter IV   2 years 39 weeks ago

FYI the 2012 balance patch for AE is 12-2-11 for arcades and 12-12-11 for consoles. Christmas comes early this year I guess.

• Is President Obama Going to Win Re-Election?   2 years 41 weeks ago

Will wrote:

And then there are guys like felonious monk... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRmZ9zH-mYM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Had to put this in a window... awesome...

Awww.... yeah....

And now listen to the same man, in this in-depth interview. Notice anything?

So is the ebonics-talk all an act? I don't get it.

• Is President Obama Going to Win Re-Election?   2 years 41 weeks ago
  • Is President Obama Going to Win Re-Election?   2 years 41 weeks ago

I agree.

But there will always be people like Al and Jesse who won't let it die.

• Tucker and Dale vs. Evil   2 years 41 weeks ago

Nice!

She's perty.

• Tucker and Dale vs. Evil   2 years 41 weeks ago

Javen, I put that giant picture from the film smack in the middle of your review. Hope you don't mind.

• Is President Obama Going to Win Re-Election?   2 years 41 weeks ago

Javen wrote:

Besides the only true black President was Bill Clinton.

Chris Rock said that Clinton had 'negro tendencies'.

Wait!

Am I allowed to say that!?

Watching the women of 'The View' discuss politics is like watching blind kids fight. All you can do is blink and wait until they get tired and stop. I do so enjoy watching progressives try to explain their ideas. So Barbara Walters doesn't say the word 'n*****' the right way? Finally the opinionated black women in the middle of the table just admits that it has nothing to do with Walters' pronunciation -- Walters is white, and she's not allowed to say the word. Her race is what matters, not the context. The take-away message is 'Race matters.'

Race should not matter, not any more.

I've never understood the umbrage over the n-word. It's just a word, people. I know I'm not black and so I'll never 'get it' -- but I'm tired of people falling all over themselves in an attempt to 'get it' or declare that they'll never 'get it'. I don't 'get it' and don't care if I ever 'get it'. Slavery was ended a long time ago and it is long since time that blacks moved on, moved past race and just got over it. But white people have to get over it too, and simply stop caring about what black people think; stop responding and condoning their racist behavior.

Enough already!

• Is President Obama Going to Win Re-Election?   2 years 41 weeks ago

Zero the Hero

Obama and his teleprompter won't get elected again. Besides the only true black President was Bill Clinton.

Theme provided by Danetsoft under GPL license from Danang Probo Sayekti